I can’t believe that tomorrow I start the final week of my first round of the Bikini Body Guide! The amount of progress I have seen in my body over the last 3 months is incredible and I never thought that I would make it here. I want to thank Kayla Itsine for creating this amazing workout program, and my best friend Payton for introducing it to me. It has given me an easy way to structure my workouts and reach my goals.
I tried this program once before, and I won’t lie, it can be extremely difficult if you’re not committed. I gave up on my first round, so this time I was that much more determined to complete the 12 weeks.
I made it a goal, that I WOULD complete the entire program, that I would power through and build strength and muscle, while creating a healthier life for myself. I have been on this workout journey for a little over a year now and Kayla’s program is the only one that has given me this much confidence in my own body. With her program I have seen the results I’ve been looking for.
Because this was my first official round of BBG I decided I was going to start easy and complete only 2 of the 3 rounds per circuit, I also did not eat according to Kayla’s meal plan and instead ate healthy, but ate food that worked for me. I’ll be honest, not every day was easy…There were some weeks that I only stepped foot in the gym once or twice because of my crazy schedule, but I made it work. I vowed to myself that I would complete this program because I wanted to see the change in myself. I wanted to make the change.
As I finish this last week, and get ready for round 2 I reflect on all of the things I have learned throughout this journey:
- Working out is my passion
- My body is capable of doing some incredible things
- I am strong, but there is room for improvements
- I love my body
- We are all different, but we are all beautiful
- What you eat matters just as much as how often you workout!
- The best time to workout for me is early mornings
- To change your body you first need to change your life; working out is a lifestyle change
- Why live in anything other than workout clothes?
- Working out isn’t always easy, but its worth it
- Protein bars are an addiction
- You feel better when you workout; you also make better choices throughout the day
As I complete round 1 & begin round 2 I will be making some changes to my life, because change is good.
- I have started going to bed and waking up earlier; this allows for early morning workouts that ALWAYS get completed, more time to blog and reflect on life, & just a more relaxed and healthy schedule.
- I am going to stop eating after 7pm at night, eating late is not good for digestion.
- I have started drinking tea twice a day; once in the morning to wake me up and once before I go to bed to help me relax.
- I am going to be drinking more water.
- I’ve accepted that I may need coffee once a day on my longer days to get me through my mornings, and I’m okay with this.
- Less carbs; Summer is coming and that means the carbs start to disappear and lighter foods are around the corner. More fruits and veggies!
- Try new recipes! I will be out of school soon and this means more time for meal prep and trying new things!
- I will do what makes me happy 🙂
- I am also going to make sure that I document my journey over the next 12 weeks so everyone can see just how much this program can do!
Join me in my journey to complete the Bikini Body Guide; let’s get healthy and fit for summer! Bikini Body Guide
xox Kenna ❤