Only 32 days till I leave for BCT!
Oklahoma here I comeeee
It’s definitely been a while! With attending drill weekends, getting everything in order for the end of the semester (AND to graduate in DECEMBER!!), finalizing my up-coming trip and getting everything done to leave for basic in a month…life has definitely been crazy to say the least!
Yup… 32 days as of tonight and I’ll be on the plane to Fort Sill, Oklahoma. I can’t believe it has come so fast! I feel like it was just yesterday that I was waiting around hour after hour at MEPs, just to see if I was eligible to join the army, but now I’ll actually be leaving in about a month. Time sure does fly!
Everyone keeps asking the same question; “Are you nervous?” others; “Aren’t you scared? I keep hearing you say how excited you are and I can’t help but wonder, ‘how is she not scared?‘”
you want the truth?
——-> Mind. Over. Matter
I can’t let myself be scared or nervous. If I think about the challenges and new things I am going to face with fear, how will I ever accomplish anything?
The military is all about challenging you with things that you never thought you could do & I’m excited for that. I know that I will face both physical and mental challenges while I’m away, but I also know that in the end I will come back a better person than I left. It’s not going to be easy, but I know that it will be worth it.
I am so grateful for all the amazing individuals I have already met who have given me insight on their time spent in the military. I’ve heard some great stories and you’ve given me different ideas of what to expect. Above all else I know that I have a lot of new friends and family to come back to, who I can tell my stories to, and who I’ll be able to continue this journey with.
You never really know the kind of people who are out there until you enlist in the military. I have met some of the best people already, and I can’t wait to see how those friendships grow.
So no. I am not scared. I am not nervous. I am excited & I am ready to embark on a new chapter in my life. I accept the challenges & I stand ready to become and American Soldier ❤
I believe that everything in life happens for a reason. I believe that everything you do, every choice you make in life will lead you to where you’re suppose to be…but how do we make these life decisions that will have such a huge impact on where we end up?
How do we meet someone and know whether or not they are supposed to have a place in our lives, and if they are how do we know what that place is? How do we know the right and wrong people to have in our lives?
Lately I’ve struggled with all of these questions…Sometimes you meet people and they turn your entire world upside down, leaving you with know idea how to make it right again…no idea if you want to make it right again.
Is it possible to change so much in a year that you don’t want the same things always had? Is is strange to want adventure, to go out and do things, want to make a difference? Can certain people hold us back from these changes, and others help us move forward? and if so, how do we make these difficult decisions?
Tired of nails that chip and take forever to dry? Ready to stop paying ridiculous salon prices every month? Then Jamberry is right for you! Try Jams out today!
So I’ve been gone a while, so sorry for the lack of postings. Butttttt, I have exciting news! I have become an Independent Jamberry Consultant! Have you heard of Jamberry? No? Great then let me be the first to introduce you to the nail wraps that are taking the world by storm!!!
Jamberry is a nail company created by 3 sisters who were tired of spending hundreds of dollars every month at the nail salon. Can anyone else relate to this? I know I can. Anyways, the sisters began creating a product that would solve this problem. They’re end product is what we know today as Jamberry Nail Wraps! These are vinyl wraps that are both heat and pressure activated that can be applied easily and quickly right from home! The best part about jams? They require no dry time and DON’T CHIP! Can you imagine????
The sisters have created over 300 unique designs that have been created to compliment each other, so pairing and creating a signature style is super easy! Jams are non toxic, and 5 free! So they don’t share the 5 common chemicals that most polishes do! They also have never been tested on animals!
Jamberry wraps come in a sheet containing 2 manis, 2 pedis and 2 accent nails for only $15! They always offer a buy 3 get 1 deal, so you can get 8 manis, pedis, and accent nails for just $45 +tax & shipping! I don’t know about you, but I’m pretty sure I spend more than this to get a mani/pedi at the salon ONCE! BUT, for the same price you’ll be getting 8 mani/ pedis! (nails will last up to 2 weeks and toes will last up to 6!!!!!!)
Still not sold? We have nail lacquers and gel polishes as well!!! There’s something for everyone! Check out all our products, here on my site! kennaleex3.jamberry.com
Contact me if you would like more information on hosting a party, joining my team and becoming a consultant, or to get a sample!!!
xox Kenna ❤
So it’s my last day of my sophomore year of college and I’m currently waiting for my RA to check me out of my room. I never thought it would be this sad to walk into an empty apartment…I live pretty close to campus, so I’ve been moving my stuff out all week but decided it would be best to go back one last time and double-check everything before I checked out…man was this a mistake.
I walked in and was immediately overtaken by how sad it was to see everything bare and empty. It feels like just yesterday Marley and I were hauling our stuff in, a week before everyone else to start Dance Camp Preseason…and now the year is over… So much has changed this year, and its crazy to think that we won’t be moving in early ever again…that we’ll never have a dance preseason again…
As I sit here, I reflect on this year. It has definitely, by far been the craziest year of college yet…So many things have changed for both the worst and the better, but that’s life. I’ve learned a lot this year, and I’ve accomplished even more. I’m realizing that it’s true what they say; the college years are really some of the best times of your life.
This year I’ve gained 2 of my best friends, who in these past few weeks, I have done EVERYTHING with, and I know I can always count on them for anything. I met the love of my life, & we’ve traveled to places I would have never imagined. I’ve made it half way to my bachelor’s degree, and although it hasn’t always been easy, I’ve learned to take the good with the bad. After working 2 jobs and about 50+ hours a week first semester I have become a Sales Lead at Pier 1 and have had some pretty great experiences with my team.
My life is crazy, I’ll admit, but its mine. From the late nights staying up to finish homework after work, and the early mornings at the gym, there’s nothing I would change. Some argue that I’m missing out on the real college experience; late nights with friends and partying into the early mornings…But that has never been me… maybe when I’m closer to the end :p
As for Summer? Maybe it’ll be different, maybe some nights will be “crazy” with less responsibilities, but my goal is just to be happy. Workout, have fun and spend time with family and friends 🙂
Next up, JUNIOR YEAR!
Hi Lovelies! Happy Tuesday! Hope everyone’s had a great day so far 🙂 I meant to post this yesterday, but have been so busy with finals that I never got around to it, anywhooooo; only one final left! Thursday is my last final of Sophomore year and I’m SUPER excited!
It’s day 2 of week 2, & I’m feeling pretty great! This morning I ran in the park and took the time for a long, relaxing stretch!
My goals this week are to pass my last final, move out of school for the summer and transition my workouts smoothly to a combination of at home workouts as well as gym based ones since I’ll have less availability to a gym. I’m also going to start meal prep this Saturday, so that should be exciting! I’m ready to get off to a clean start for summer. Bikini body here I come!
Here are this week’s workouts:
*Monday -legs & cardio + 15 on the elliptical
*Tuesday -early morning run + stretch
*Wednesday -arms & abs
*Thursday -45 minute walk or yoga
*Friday -Total body
*Saturday -rest day + meal prep
*Sunday -class or work on area that needs a little extra
*whenever working out I like stick to a sugary drink, like Powerade or water with energy mixes. This prevents my sugar levels from dropping too quick, during my workout & helps me get through to the end
*if this schedule doesn’t work for you, don’t be afraid to switch the days around!
Now that I’m going home I’m going to look into getting back into zumba and other classes at least once a week as a fun alternative!
Join me in taking on week two! We can do this! Let’s get fit for summer!
Here are the products I’ve been obsessed with this month 🙂
Song: Wild Things by: Alessandra Cara I LOVEEEE THIS SONG
- Tea! I am a HUGE tea drinker, especially in the winter. I’ve recently found a few different brands that I love at Marshall’s, my current favorite is a coconut/vanilla sleep tea. I also found a sample variety pack that I LOVE. It was nice to try the 4 flavors at once, however I was not a fan of the Italian Chamomile, but that could just be the blend. My favorite for the summer is to add them to a water bottle like you would fruit. The tea quickly infuses into the water and you are left with a delicious & healthy drink
- Protein Bars! I’ve become pretty addicted to eating a protein bar for breakfast, after I hit the gym in the morning. My favorites are definitely Clif and Luna bars so far.
- Toning Water! The last time I went to LUSH I got a sample of their Eau Roma Water to use after I wash my face, and I absolutely LOVED it. I’ve used toners before, but they were always really harsh on my face. This toner, is super light and leaves your face smelling and feeling great. I’m definitely going to be buying a full size sample.
- Moisturizer! While at lush I also tried a sample of their Celestial and I love this as well! It smells so yummy, like a tropical oasis!
- Soap! I’m usually a strictly body wash girl, but Chris bought me some soap from lush for Christmas and OMG it smells SO GOOD! My advice is to definitely try their soaps!
- Julep Lipsticks; especially strut. LOVEEE this color
- Konjac sponges; I got one of these in my julep box last month and was super surprised at how soft it was. It removes dirt and oils from your face as you wash and you can actually see it on the sponge. Kinda gross, but proves it works!
- Ipsy! This is a new monthly bag that I tried as of this month. It is $10/month for 5 sample makeup products in a new bag each month! The bags are super cute and the products are a great way to try something new you’ve been a little nervous to try. Hurry & get your may glambag now! Clickhere &Join me!
- VS sweatsuit! I used my rewards and a gift card from my brother to purchase these and I absolutely love them. The color is perfect and they’re great for my lazy study days
- White Tea & Apricot Scrub! This scrub is great for those who are both prone to acne
and have very sensitive skin. I use it every morning when I wake up 🙂
- Coconut Bay Yankee Candle! Usually I’m not a fan of how yankee candles burn because they take like 3 hours before you can smell them, but this candle burned so easily and smelled soo good😍
- Starbucks! Since working in the city and having a Starbucks around every corner and only a Dunkins every 5 miles, I’ve had to adapt. I will admit I now love their coffee and find it extremely hard to drink Dunkins because its so sweet
- Mini Diffusers! We sell these at work and the small ones are perfect for windowsills and tight spaces….until you spill them
- (This one is Pineapple Basil!)
- White Polish! I am currently obsessed with the way white polishes look. I’m not really sure why, but I can’t wait till my skin is tanned and the color POPS!
- Shampoo Bars! I’d wanted to try one of LUSH’s shampoo bars for a while, and for Christmas Chris bought me the Copperhead one. It smells amazing and is a great way to strip your hair once a week
There you have it! These are my 15 top favorites of April 🙂 Let me know what you think or if you’ve tried these products as well. Also, if you have any favorite products from last month, put a link in the comments so I can check them out! Happy Saturday😘
xox Kenna ❤
We are officially at the last week of sophomore year, and I couldn’t be more happy that summer is just around the corner. I’ve had a great year and have learned and accomplished so so much, but it’s nice to know that I have a four month break to look forward to. Since the next few days will be spent studying for finals, Marley and I decided to take this morning to relax a bit before it gets hectic again.
After going for a walk in the cold morning drizzle (as per BBG), we visited my absolute favorite café here, called The Bean Counter. We came across this cute little coffee shop last year during a dance event, when we snuck out in search of some place warm. One of the girls suggested that we go there and I have been in love with it ever since. Not to mention they have the yummiest breakfast sandwiches everrrr😍
*It’s crazy to think that in less than a week the apartment will be packed up and we will be home for the summer. For now, I’m enjoying the last of the little things of my sophomore year of college.
xox Kenna ❤