Still can’t believe it’s summer & I’m officially a Junior in college! Crazy how time flies…
Anywhoooo, I’ve been pretty busy, with moving home and getting adjusted to my summer schedule, but hopefully from here on out I’ll be able to post 3-5 times a week (that’s my goal anyways.)
Week three of BBG started yesterday, and I’ve switched it up a little bit this week, due to having a day off (my first real day off in I don’t even know how long). Chris and I woke up early to go on a hike, which was pretty satisfying to say the least, unlike freezing my bum off while he played golf in the cold a few hours later. (fyi; don’t agree to golfing unless it’s AT LEAST 60+ degrees out…you’ll thank me later!)
Chris & I (:
At the top
At the bottom
at the bottom
Chris & Mr. Sun
After golfing we came home and I was able to clean a bit, then relax and catch up on both Vampire Diaries and Quantico! I finally go to start meal prepping for the week, which was surprisingly pretty fun and we grabbed some froyo before Chris had to go to work. All in all, it was a great first day off & summer has already been full of fun and its only just begun. Cant wait to see what the rest of summer holds!
Here’s my BBG schedule for the rest of the week:
*Tuesday ~Arms & Abs + 15 minutes on the treadmill
*Wednesday ~Legs & cardio + 15 minutes on the elliptical
*Thursday ~ 35 minute run
*Friday ~Full Body workout
*Saturday ~Ab workout + 25 minute run
*Sunday ~Rest day/Meal Prep
Have a great week!
xox Kenna ❤
Hi Lovelies! Happy Tuesday! Hope everyone’s had a great day so far 🙂 I meant to post this yesterday, but have been so busy with finals that I never got around to it, anywhooooo; only one final left! Thursday is my last final of Sophomore year and I’m SUPER excited!
It’s day 2 of week 2, & I’m feeling pretty great! This morning I ran in the park and took the time for a long, relaxing stretch!
My goals this week are to pass my last final, move out of school for the summer and transition my workouts smoothly to a combination of at home workouts as well as gym based ones since I’ll have less availability to a gym. I’m also going to start meal prep this Saturday, so that should be exciting! I’m ready to get off to a clean start for summer. Bikini body here I come!
Here are this week’s workouts:
*Monday -legs & cardio + 15 on the elliptical
*Tuesday -early morning run + stretch
*Wednesday -arms & abs
*Thursday -45 minute walk or yoga
*Friday -Total body
*Saturday -rest day + meal prep
*Sunday -class or work on area that needs a little extra
*whenever working out I like stick to a sugary drink, like Powerade or water with energy mixes. This prevents my sugar levels from dropping too quick, during my workout & helps me get through to the end
*if this schedule doesn’t work for you, don’t be afraid to switch the days around!
Now that I’m going home I’m going to look into getting back into zumba and other classes at least once a week as a fun alternative!
Join me in taking on week two! We can do this! Let’s get fit for summer!
Happy Hump Day!
Today’s day three of my second round of BBG & I have to say, I’m off to a pretty strong start! Yesterday I ran and took the time to do a good stretch. Stretching is so so so important & it’s good to not only stretch after a good workout, but to take the time every week to complete at least one in depth stretch. Sometimes I like to do yoga and then stretch instead of running for a more relaxing day.
Anywaaaaays, I took a few progression pictures this morning that show just a little bit of the progress I’ve seen from beginning to end of BBG round one. I think I’m going to take my measurements so I can track them during this journey as well. (If you visit Kayla’s website you’ll see some tips for both progression pics and taking your measurements 🙂
Plans for the rest of the week!
*Thursday -45 minute walk
*Friday -full body workout
*Saturday -15 minute run + any low
impact workout on areas that need attention
*Sunday -Rest day + (meal prep -I won’t start this until I’m out of school)
Pre BBG Round 1
Post BBG Round 1
Slow but steady progress 🙂
xox Kenna ❤
I can’t believe that tomorrow I start the final week of my first round of the Bikini Body Guide! The amount of progress I have seen in my body over the last 3 months is incredible and I never thought that I would make it here. I want to thank Kayla Itsine for creating this amazing workout program, and my best friend Payton for introducing it to me. It has given me an easy way to structure my workouts and reach my goals.
I tried this program once before, and I won’t lie, it can be extremely difficult if you’re not committed. I gave up on my first round, so this time I was that much more determined to complete the 12 weeks.
I made it a goal, that I WOULD complete the entire program, that I would power through and build strength and muscle, while creating a healthier life for myself. I have been on this workout journey for a little over a year now and Kayla’s program is the only one that has given me this much confidence in my own body. With her program I have seen the results I’ve been looking for.
Because this was my first official round of BBG I decided I was going to start easy and complete only 2 of the 3 rounds per circuit, I also did not eat according to Kayla’s meal plan and instead ate healthy, but ate food that worked for me. I’ll be honest, not every day was easy…There were some weeks that I only stepped foot in the gym once or twice because of my crazy schedule, but I made it work. I vowed to myself that I would complete this program because I wanted to see the change in myself. I wanted to make the change.
As I finish this last week, and get ready for round 2 I reflect on all of the things I have learned throughout this journey:
- Working out is my passion
- My body is capable of doing some incredible things
- I am strong, but there is room for improvements
- I love my body
- We are all different, but we are all beautiful
- What you eat matters just as much as how often you workout!
- The best time to workout for me is early mornings
- To change your body you first need to change your life; working out is a lifestyle change
- Why live in anything other than workout clothes?
- Working out isn’t always easy, but its worth it
- Protein bars are an addiction
- You feel better when you workout; you also make better choices throughout the day
As I complete round 1 & begin round 2 I will be making some changes to my life, because change is good.
- I have started going to bed and waking up earlier; this allows for early morning workouts that ALWAYS get completed, more time to blog and reflect on life, & just a more relaxed and healthy schedule.
- I am going to stop eating after 7pm at night, eating late is not good for digestion.
- I have started drinking tea twice a day; once in the morning to wake me up and once before I go to bed to help me relax.
- I am going to be drinking more water.
- I’ve accepted that I may need coffee once a day on my longer days to get me through my mornings, and I’m okay with this.
- Less carbs; Summer is coming and that means the carbs start to disappear and lighter foods are around the corner. More fruits and veggies!
- Try new recipes! I will be out of school soon and this means more time for meal prep and trying new things!
- I will do what makes me happy 🙂
- I am also going to make sure that I document my journey over the next 12 weeks so everyone can see just how much this program can do!
Join me in my journey to complete the Bikini Body Guide; let’s get healthy and fit for summer! Bikini Body Guide
xox Kenna ❤